Classic Car Insurance in Alexandria, VA, McLean, VA, and Throughout Virginia
Whether you collect cars of all time or simply wish to protect the classic car you have, you will need the right insurance. A basic car insurance policy may not always be the best for your classic car, as the uses and insurance needs are different.
The agents at Kinneman Insurance provide excellent service and attention to detail for each and every client. We will help evaluate your risks and tailor a policy for your classic car. Every classic car is different, and we understand that you will need a policy specifically to cover your needs.
What Is Classic Car Insurance?
Classic car insurance is auto insurance specifically geared for classic vehicles. If you have a vehicle that is considered a classic, you may need more insurance than is available on a normal auto insurance policy.
What Does Classic Car Insurance Cover?
Many of the coverages offered under classic car insurance are the same as would be available under your normal auto insurance policy. A full coverage classic car insurance policy may include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the vehicle caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving collision.
- Collision Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: This covers bodily injury and property damage you may cause someone else while operating the insured classic vehicle.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This covers you and your passengers’ medical bills after an accident, no matter who caused the accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This insurance covers damages related to an accident involving another driver who is not carrying insurance.
- Roadside Assistance: This helps with trip interruption costs - such as running out of gas or needing to be towed.
There are optional coverages geared specifically for your classic car, as well, including:
- Auto Show Medical Reimbursement: This covers injuries someone may suffer at an exhibition featuring your car.
- Traveling Coverage: This can cover expenses if your vehicle breaks down, such as lodging and a rental car.
- No Attendance Required: This covers damages if you are away from your vehicle, such as if you leave it at a show.
- Spare Parts: If you have spare parts for your vehicle, you can insure them with classic car insurance.
Ask a Kinneman Insurance agent about the right coverage for your vehicle.
Insure Your Classic Car Today
Protect your classic car with Kinneman Insurance today. Call us at (703) 823-8800 to get started.
Common Classic Car Insurance Questions
Classic car insurance works much the same as personal auto insurance. When you purchase a classic car insurance policy, you can pay monthly premiums in return for coverage. So long as the policy is active, you can file a claim for damages related to your classic car.
There are many different requirements for classic vehicles. On average, a vehicle must be at least 25 years of age and fall beneath a certain mileage restriction.
Insurance is generally cheaper on a classic car than a normal car. This is in part because a classic car sees less use than a regular car, thus facing less risk of damage or an accident.